You can see the clip being used right here, in the first few seconds. Yes, that vector-like artwork is actually a video clip that Harry manipulated in Adobe After Effects to work with the color palette and style of the project.
We asked Harry how he did it, and this is what he told us:
- He started with this clip.
- Then he used Keylight to key out the bikini.(Effect > Keying > Keylight)
- Then, he inverted the alpha channel (Effect > Channel > Invert, set it to Alpha)
- Then he filled it with orange (Effect > Generate > Fill, set to orange)
- Brought in a duplicate of the original layer, and placed it below the orange layer.
- Filled the duplicate with brown (Effect > Generate > Fill, set to Brown)
- Tracked her face and added some illustrator artwork to have some flowing hair.
Thanks for the tip, Harry! Great work.
And don.t forget to check out Harry’s incredible tutorial on Creating a Crowd Scene with Particular 2.